Monday, December 19, 2011

Believe...



Believe...Not sure if it was with the Polar Express movie popularity, or for what reason, but the term "Believe" seems to have been so popular over the past few years, particularly at Christmas time. I have always been a bit perplexed by it...and sometimes bothered.

What is it that people "believe?" Is it that Christmas will be Merry? Is it that they will score the best gifts and make everyone happy with what they find under the tree? Is it that Santa will come? Is it the belief in Santa? Is it that all will be perfect at Christmas? That family will get along? That there is some sort of "magic" that happens at Christmas?

Seeing the word "Believe" all over in a world that has become increasingly secular, materialistic, and preoccupied with making itself happy and content, has frankly, made me squirm.

I want a happy Christmas with happy children and happy family relations, but that isn't what "believe" is for me.

I have been sick over the last week, tired, overwhelmed with all on my to-do list, having to deal with an issue that at the moment, could threaten to steal away my "believe" if it all hinged on everything being magical and good.

But that is not what I believe...

What I believe is much bigger than that. What I believe never changes, is always true, is always joy and is the same year to year, despite what is happening in my life. I believe in a savior. Jesus came in a humble way, as a little baby, to be with us on earth. He lived a humble life while fulfilling his purpose to show us what God was like and then to die to make it possible for us to be with God.

I believe...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...