Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Real Christmas happens in the mall...

Woke to find this youtube video on Facebook today and was so excited. It kinda goes along with my last post (which, by the way, I reread and worry that it sounds rather preachy, sorry). I am just craving the simple message of Christmas. 

Speaking of which, we went to Bethlehem yesterday! Yes, we followed the star in the sky (a cool spotlight we could see as we approached Afton, VA's live nativity village). The kids (we took the younger four) were amazed about this oddity in the sky. They didn't know where we were going and were so concerned about the ray of light shining down from the sky. I kept thinking "Wait for it...wait for it..." I was waiting for someone to finally make the connection that it looked like the Bethlehem star. And someone did! We enjoyed our walk through the village, seeing the animals and characters of the Christmas story and some cookies and warm apple cider. It was a sweet memory...

Enjoy the video - just wish something like this would happen when I am present...ok, actually the inner actress/singer in me longs to be in one of these someday...ah, a girl can dream...





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...