Thursday, December 22, 2011

2012 is calling...

Yes, I know I haven't even made it through Christmas 2011 yet. The presents are not completely done (in fact, all my "I'm gonna make that for ___ this year!!" stuff hasn't even been made yet...do you think there is still time??). But I have simplifying, decluttering, and organization on my mind...

Maybe I've spent too much time on Pinterest lately, but I am itching to get my house COMPLETELY cleaned out and organized. I have been on a quest to simplify this year. WHAT?? (I know any of you who know me are thinking "what the???"). With 6 kids who are all over the place with activities, college, school, homeschool co-ops, etc., it is virtually impossible to have a "simple" life! But (trying not to sound too proud of myself here...but hey, I am). I have made some specific changes in my schedule.

It meant dropping out of several things I enjoy (singing in praise band, book club, game group with friends, not sending Christmas cards) but man, it feels good!!! I have realized over the years that when I am not home, life gets chaotic. I will do all these things I enjoy again, and for me, I don't long for time out of the house. I am also allowing myself to "not get everything done to feel good about how I am doing as a mom." (this refers to Christmas cards - the stress of getting a good picture - not sure it's possible with 6!). I am already so much happier and less stressed.

Which brings me to my next plan...2012  will be my year to get my home simplified - decluttered and organized and clean!!! YEE HAA - I am excited...

Found some amazing ideas, free printouts, and challenges over at A Bowl Full of Lemons.
Was so excited to actually find a challenge, to "link up" - I was just feeling so "bloggery."  Here's the challenge:

                            
Until I realized...the challenge was LAST YEAR!!!! HAHAHA!! I am a year too late!?!??

WHAT???!!?

Well, I will be doing it anyway...grrr... Will have to follow her posts from a year ago but love her ideas and might even (dare I say it), join up on her new one too...gotta go off and read up...

First stop is a home management notebook (oooo love all the papers and tabs and lists!!!! I love lists soooo much...it is accomplishing the items on lists that I often have trouble with...lol).

So, be watching for my updates on getting this place in order! First plan: Target - for a totally cute notebook and a LABEL MAKER (Christmas present for moi!).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...