Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pumpkin patchin'...

Somehow, the Fall, and Halloween, and pumpkins, just don't feel right without a visit with the cousins. My sister Jill and I have lived within 3 hours of each other since I started having babies (wait, actually even before babies). She has always lived in Maryland, I in Virginia. Because we both have children with Fall birthdays, we have often had a visit with one another sometime in October - either for birthday partying, trick or treating, or pumpkin patching.
This year, we made the trip to them with my four younger - who, conveniently, are nearly the exact ages of her four kids (yes, I know I have probably mentioned that fact once or ten times before on this blog) - and the best of buds. Anyway, it was a wonderful long weekend. Just us moms, as John was home with my teens, and Marc was at a dental convention. We went to a fabulous pumpkin patch just over the border in West Virginia - and it was sooooo fun! Animals, hayrides, trampolines, huge playground, campfire, corn maze and a sky that looked like something from a movie...yep...we had some fun...




**rare appearance of yours truly...

The girls went one way through the maze and the boys another - we ended up running into them midway through the huge maze.

At the lookout point (aka the place to go when you don't know where the heck you are in the maze).


The sun shone right over the farm but beyond was an ominous sky.




When I was a little girl growing up in NYC, my favorite animal was a goat. Why, you ask? Well, I have no earthly idea except that I once visited a farm and got to play with the baby goats. I was such a city kid and that was such an amazing experience for me. I have always had a soft spot for them ever since...even tho' they are sorta dirty things...This guy was so funny sleeping up on the feeding tray.



Another rare appearance of the camera lady...

My beautiful baby sister Jill...she'll probably kill me for putting this on here...with her adorable little  "D"

Back at Jill's the kids played a wonderful game of soccer (all 8 of them), in Jill's front yard. This photo was taken just seconds before the game came to an abrupt halt when Jemila allowed several goals to go in. Everyone sorta turned on her...poor thing. Found out later that she had spent the game whining about not being able to be goalie and telling all of them that she is the best goalie for the job...this kinda thing always happens when I finally find my camera...
Of course, no visit to Jill's is ever complete without a visit or two to Rita's Italian Ice...thinking about it makes me want to drive there right now....hold me back....


All in all it was a wonderful weekend with more memories made and cousin bonding. Always great to hang out with my little sister and all her fun kids.  Thanks guys for having us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...