Monday, August 15, 2011

Blessed...


All I ever wanted was to be a mom. Really. I didn't really care about career or travel or fancy cars or glamour. I just wanted to be a mom.

I have to smile and fall to my knees in wonder and awe of how the almighty God saw fit to let me be a mom - not just to my one, then two, then three and then, four biological children - but to two little girls from across the globe.



I was not a young mom. I went thru many years of being a bridesmaid, visiting friends with their new babies, and hearing about others who were hearing little ones call them "mommy." It wasn't always easy.

In 1990, I met the most amazing man (he will deserve his own blogpost!) and in 1994 the sweetest and most beautiful little baby was born to us - my Drew. Although he's Andrew, I'm not sure I ever have called him that!

He is handsome and smart and funny. He is athletic and musically talented and clever. He has gorgeous green eyes and an adorable, shy smile. Most importantly, he is becoming a man who is following Jesus. I couldn't love him more or be more grateful that he is my son.


I love you, my Drew.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...